43 CFR 36.9 - Issuing permit.
(a) Once an application is approved under the provisions of § 36.7(a), a right-of-way permit will be issued by the appropriate Federal agency or agencies, according to that agency's authorizing statutes and regulations or, if approved pursuant to the provisions of § 36.7(b), according to the provisions of title V of the Federal Land Policy Management Act of 1976 (43 U.S.C. 1701) or other applicable law. The permit shall not be issued until all fees and other charges have been paid in accordance with applicable law.
(b) All TUS right-of-way permits shall include, but not be limited to, the following terms and conditions:
(1) Requirements to ensure that to the maximum extent feasible, the right-of-way is used in a manner compatible with the purposes for which the affected area was established or is managed;
(2) Requirements for restoration, revegetation and curtailment of erosion of the surface of the land;
(3) Requirements to ensure that activities in connection with the right-of-way will not violate applicable air and water quality standards and related facility siting standards established pursuant to law;
(5) Requirements to protect the interests of individuals living in the general area of the right-of-way permit who rely on the fish, wildlife and biotic resources of the area for subsistence purposes; and
(6) Requirements to employ measures to avoid or minimize adverse environmental, social or economic impacts.
(c) Any TUS approved pursuant to this part which occupies, uses or traverses any area within the boundaries of a unit of the National Wild and Scenic Rivers System shall be subject to such conditions as may be necessary to assure that the stream flow of, and transportation on, such river are not interfered with or impeded and that the TUS is located and constructed in an environmentally sound manner.
(d) In the case of a pipeline described in section 28(a) of the Mineral Leasing Act of 1920, a right-of-way permit issued pursuant to this part shall be issued in the same manner as a right-of-way is granted under section 28, and the provisions of subsections (c) through (j), (1) through (q), and (u) through (y) of section 28 shall apply to right-of-way permits issued pursuant to this part.
Title 43 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.