43 CFR 3835.11 - What special filing and reporting requirements pertain to the different types of waivers?
(2) You have completed or will complete all assessment work required by the General Mining Law and part 3836 of this chapter to maintain your claims by the end of the applicable assessment year.
(3) If you were not required to perform assessment work in the previous assessment year, you must include the reason why assessment work was not required in your certification, whether it is because:
(b) Soldiers' and Sailors' Civil Relief Act waivers. Your application for waiver must include a notice of active military service or entry into active military service. You must also notify BLM in writing when you leave active duty status.
(3) References a reclamation plan that you submitted to BLM or that BLM approved; or references a reclamation plan approved by a surface managing agency other than BLM.
(1) Your application must include a statement that you have received a declaration of taking or a notice of intent to take from the National Park Service or other Federal agency or have otherwise been denied access to your mining claim or site in writing by the surface management agency or a court.
(2) You must submit copies of all official documents you have received that demonstrate the declaration of taking, notice of intent to take, or denial of access.
(3) Applying for National Park Service (NPS) approval of a complete plan of operations does not justify your denial-of-access waiver. While the NPS is reviewing your plan of operations, or if the NPS disapproves it but has not denied you access, or issued a declaration of taking or a notice of intent to take, you must pay the annual maintenance fee.
(e) Contest actions. If the Secretary contests your mining claim or site under part 4 of this title, you must maintain the mining claim or site until the Department of the Interior issues a final decision.
(f) Appeals. If you forfeit your mining claim or site and you file an appeal under part 4 of this title and the Interior Board of Land Appeals stays BLM's voidance decision, you must maintain your mining claim or site through the appeals process.
Title 43 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.