(a) All timely comments will be considered in taking final action on a proposed rule. Each preamble to a final rule will contain a short analysis and evaluation of the relevant significant issues set forth in the comments submitted, and a clear concise statement of the basis and purpose of the rule.
(b) When determined necessary by the Administrator in accordance with the provisions of 1 CFR 18.12, the preamble shall contain the following information:
(1) A discussion of the background and major issues involved;
(2) In the case of a final rule, any significant differences between it and the proposed rule;
(3) A response to substantive public comments received; and
(4) Any other information the Administrator considers appropriate.
(c) At the time of publication of the final rule, a statement shall be published describing how the public may obtain copies of the final regulatory flexibility analysis which must be prepared in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 604 unless the procedure for waiver or delay of completion under 5 U.S.C. 608 is followed.
(d) Before approving any final major rule FEMA will:
(1) Make a determination that the regulation is clearly within the authority delegated by law and consistent with congressional intent and include in the Federal Register at the time of promulgation a memorandum of law supporting that determination; and
(2) Make a determination that the factual conclusions upon which the rule is based have substantial support in the agency record, viewed as a whole, with full attention to public comments in general and the comments of persons directly affected by the rule in particular.
Title 44 published on 2011-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.