44 CFR 10.5 - Responsibilities.
prev | next
(a) The Regional Administrators shall, for each action not categorically excluded from this regulation and falling within their respective jurisdictions:
(1) Prepare an environmental assessment and submit such assessment to the Environmental Officer and the Office of Chief Counsel (OCC);
(3) Coordinate and provide information regarding environmental review with applicants for FEMA assistance;
(4) Prepare and maintain an administrative record for each proposal that is determined to be categorically excluded from this regulation;
(5) Involve environmental agencies, applicants, and the public to the extent practicable in preparing environmental assessments;
(8) Ensure that decisions are made in accordance with the policies and procedures of NEPA and this part, and prepare a concise public record of such decisions;
(9) Consider mitigating measures to avoid or minimize environmental harm, and, in particular, harm to and within floodplains and wetlands; and
(10) Review and comment upon, as appropriate, environmental assessments and impact statements of other Federal agencies and of State and local entities within their respective regions.
(1) Determine, on the basis of the environmental assessment whether an environmental impact statement is required, or whether a finding of no significant impact shall be prepared;
(6) Provide assistance in the preparation of environmental assessments and impact statements and assign lead agency responsibility when more than one FEMA office or administration is involved;
(8) Comply with the requirements of this part when the Administrator of FEMA promulgates regulations, procedures or other issuances making or amending Agency policy;
(9) Provide, when appropriate, consolidated FEMA comments on draft and final impact statements prepared for the issuance of regulations and procedures of other agencies;
(11) Maintain liaison with the Council on Environmental Quality, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Office of Management and Budget, other Federal agencies, and State and local groups, with respect to environmental analysis for FEMA actions affecting the environment.
(1) Assess environmental consequences of proposed and on-going programs within their respective organizational units;
(2) Prepare and process environmental assessments and environmental impact statements for all regulations, procedures and other issuances making or amending program policy related to actions which do not qualify for categorical exclusions;
(4) Ensure that regulations, procedures and other issuances making or amending program policy are reviewed for consistency with the requirements of this part;
(6) Provide applicants for FEMA assistance with technical assistance regarding FEMA's environmental review process.
[45 FR 41142, June 18, 1980, as amended at 47 FR 13149, Mar. 29, 1982]
Title 44 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.