(a) No advisory committee established under this part shall meet or take any action until an advisory committee charter has been filed with the Agency and the standing Committee or Committees of the Senate and House of Representatives having legislative jurisdiction over the FEMA component to which the advisory committee renders its advice.
(b) The charter required by paragraph (a) of this section shall contain at least the following information:
(1) The committee's official designations;
(2) The committee's objectives and the scope of its activities;
(3) The period of time necessary for the committee to carry out its purposes;
(4) The FEMA component and official to whom the committee reports;
(5) The FEMA component responsible for providing the necessary support for the committee;
(6) A description of the duties for which the committee is responsible, and, if such duties are not solely advisory, specification of the authority for such functions;
(7) The estimated annual operating cost in dollars and man years for the committee;
(8) The estimated number in frequency of committee meetings;
(9) The committee's termination date, if less than 2 years from the date of committee's establishment; and
(10) The date the charter is filed.
(c) A copy of the charter required by paragraph (a) of this section shall also be furnished at the time of filing to the Library of Congress, Exchange and Gift Division, Federal Advisory Committee, Washington, DC 20540.
(d) An amendment to the charter may be filed whenever there is a substantial change regarding matters stated in the original charter.
(e) The requirements of this section shall also apply to committees utilized as advisory committees, even though not expressly established for that purpose.
Title 44 published on 2011-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.