44 CFR 204.52 - Application and approval procedures for a subgrant under a fire management assistance grant.
(1) State, local, and tribal governments interested in applying for subgrants under an approved fire management assistance grant must submit a Request for Fire Management Assistance to the Grantee in accordance with State procedures and within timelines set by the Grantee, but no longer than 30 days after the close of the incident period.
(2) The Grantee will review and forward the Request to the Regional Administrator for final review and determination. The Grantee may also forward a recommendation for approval of the Request to the Regional Administrator when appropriate.
(3) The Regional Administrator will approve or deny the request based on the eligibility requirements outlined in § 204.41.
(4) The Regional Administrator will notify the Grantee of his/her determination; the Grantee will inform the applicant.
(1) Once the Regional Administrator approves an applicant's Request for Fire Management Assistance, the Regional Administrator's staff may begin to work with the Grantee and local staff to prepare Project Worksheets (FEMA Form 90-91).
(2) The Regional Administrator may request the Principal Advisor to assist in the preparation of Project Worksheets.
(1) Applicants should submit all Project Worksheets through the Grantee for approval and transmittal to the Regional Administrator as amendments to the State's application.
(2) The Grantee will determine the deadline for an applicant to submit completed Project Worksheets, but the deadline must be no later than six months from close of the incident period.
(3) At the request of the Grantee, the Regional Administrator may grant an extension of up to three months. The Grantee must include a justification in its request for an extension.
(4) Project Worksheets will not be accepted after the deadline and extension specified in paragraphs (c)(2) and (c)(3) of this section has expired.
Title 44 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.