44 CFR 208.62 - Appeals.
(a) Initial appeal. The Sponsoring Agency may appeal to the Program Manager any determination made under § 208.60 of this part to disallow reimbursement of an item of cost:
(1) The appeal must be in writing and submitted within 60 days after receipt of DHS's written notice of disallowance under § 208.60 of this part.
(2) The appeal must contain legal and factual justification for the Sponsoring Agency's contention that the cost is allowable.
(3) Within 90 days after DHS receives an appeal, the Program Manager will review the information submitted, make such additional investigations as necessary, make a determination on the appeal, and submit written notice of the determination of the appeal to the Sponsoring Agency.
(1) If the Program Manager denies the initial appeal, in whole or in part, the Sponsoring Agency may submit a final appeal to the Deputy Assistant Administrator. The appeal must be made in writing and must be submitted not later than 60 days after receipt of written notice of DHS's determination of the initial appeal.
(2) Within 90 days following the receipt of a final appeal, the Deputy Assistant Administrator will render a determination and notify the Sponsoring Agency, in writing, of the final disposition of the appeal.
Title 44 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.