44 CFR 330.2 - Policies.
(a) The authority of subsection 101(c) of the Act to require the allocation of, or priority performance under contracts or orders relating to, supplies of materials and equipment to maximize domestic energy supplies shall be limited to those exceptional circumstances when it is found that:
(2) The maintenance or furtherance of exploration, production, refining, transportation, or conservation of energy supplies, or the construction and maintenance of energy facilities, cannot reasonably be accomplished without exercising this authority.
(b) The authority contained in subsection 101(c) shall not be used to require priority performance under contracts or orders relating to, or the allocation of, any supplies of materials and equipment except for programs or projects to maximize domestic energy supplies as specifically determined by the Secretary of Energy, after coordination with the Administrator, Federal Emergency Management Agency.
(c) The allocation of, or priority performance under contracts or orders relating to, supplies of materials and equipment in support of authorized programs or projects shall be so undertaken as to ensure that:
(1) Supplies of the specified materials and equipment are available to the extent practicable on time and in proper quantity to authorized programs or projects.
(2) The demands of these authorized programs or projects are distributed among suppliers on a fair and equitable basis.
(3) Allotments of supplies of materials and equipment are not made in excess of actual current requirements of these authorized programs or projects.
(4) Fulfillment of the needs of these authorized programs and projects are achieved in such manner and to such degree as to minimize hardship in the market place.
(d) The authority of subsection 101(c) of the Act will not be used to control the general distribution of any supplies of material and equipment in the civilian market, as that phrase is used in subsection 101(b) of the Act, except after Presidential approval as required by subsection 7(d) of Executive Order 11912.
Title 44 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.