How does the Chairman make efforts to accommodate intergovernmental concerns?
(a) If a state process provides a state process recommendation to the Endowment through its single point of contact, the Chairman either:
(1) Accepts the recommendation;
(2) Reaches a mutually agreeable solution with the state process; or
(3) Provides the single point of contact with such written explanation of the decision, as the Chairman in his or her discretion deems appropriate. The Chairman may supplement the written explanation by also providing the explanation to the single point of contact by telephone other telecommunication, or other means.
(b) In any explanation under paragraph (a)(3) of this section the Chairman informs the single point of contact that:
(1) The Endowment will not implement its decision for ten days after the single point of contact receives the explanation; or
(2) The Chairman has reviewed the decision and determined that, because of unusual circumstances, the ten-day waiting period is not feasible.
(c) For purposes of computing the waiting period under paragraph (b)(1) of this section, a single point of contact is presumed to have received written notification 5 days after the date of mailing of such notification.
Title 45 published on 2012-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.