45 CFR 1602.5 - Public reading room.
(a) The Corporation will maintain a public reading room its office at 3333 K St. NW., Washington, DC, 20007. This room will be supervised and will be open to the public during the regular business hours of the Corporation for inspecting and copying records described in paragraph (b) of this section.
(b) Subject to the limitation stated in paragraph (c) of this section, the following records will be made available in the public reading room:
(1) All final opinions, including concurring and dissenting opinions, and orders issued in the adjudication of cases;
(2) Statements of policy and interpretations adopted by the Corporation that are not published in the Federal Register;
(3) Administrative staff manuals and instructions to the staff that affect the public or recipients;
(4) Copies of records, regardless of form or format, released to any person in response to a public request for records pursuant to § 1602.8 which the Corporation has determined are likely to become subject to subsequent requests for substantially the same records, and a general index of such records;
(5) The current index required by § 1602.7;
(6) To the extent feasible, other records considered to be of general interest to recipients or members of the public in understanding activities of the Corporation or in dealing with the Corporation in connection with those activities.
(c) Certain records otherwise required by FOIA to be available in the public reading room may be exempt from mandatory disclosure pursuant to section 552(b) of the FOIA and § 1602.9. Such records will not be made available in the public reading room. Other records maintained in the public reading room may be edited by the deletion of identifying details concerning individuals to prevent a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy. In such cases, the record shall have attached to it a full explanation of the deletion. The extent of the deletion shall be indicated, unless doing so would harm an interest protected by the exemption under which the deletion is made. If technically feasible, the extent of the deletion shall be indicated at the place in the record where the deletion was made.
(d) Records required by the FOIA to be maintained and made available in the public reading room that are created by the Corporation on or after November 1, 1996, shall be made available electronically. This includes the index of published and reading room records, which shall indicate which records are available electronically.
(e) Most electronic public reading room records will also be made available to the public on the Corporation's websites at http://www.lsc.gov and http://oig.lsc.gov.
Title 45 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.