45 CFR 1701.2 - Disclosure of records and informational materials.
(a) With the exception of records and materials exempt from disclosure pursuant to paragraph (b) of this section, any person in accordance with the procedure provided in § 1701.3 may inspect and copy any document of the National Commission on Libraries and Information Science.
(b) The provisions of 5 U.S.C. section 552 which require that agencies make their records available for public inspection and copying do not apply to Commission records which are:
(i) Specifically authorized under criteria established by an Executive Order to be kept secret in the interest of national defense or foreign policy and (ii) are in fact properly classified pursuant to such Executive Order;
(4) Trade secrets and information which is privileged or which relates to the business, personal or financial affairs of any person and which is furnished in confidence;
(5) Inter-agency and intra-agency memoranda or letters which would not be available by law to a private party in litigation with the Commission;
(6) Personnel, medical and similar files the disclosure of which would constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy;
(7) Investigatory records compiled for law enforcement purposes, but only to the extent that the production of such records would: (i) Interfere with enforcement proceedings, (ii) deprive a person of a right to a fair trial or an impartial adjudication, (iii) constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy, (iv) disclose the identity of a confidential source and, in the case of a record compiled by a criminal law enforcement authority in the course of a criminal investigation, or by an agency conducting a lawful national security intelligence investigation, confidential information furnished only by the confidential source, (v) disclose investigative techniques and procedures, or (vi) endanger the life or physical safety of law enforcement personnel.
(8) Contained in or related to examination, operating or condition reports prepared by, on behalf of, or for the use of an agency responsible for the regulation or supervision of financial institutions; or
(c) The Commission shall maintain and make available for public inspection and copying a current index providing identifying information for the public as to any matter issued, adopted, or promulgated by the Commission since its creation on July 20, 1970, and required by section 552(a)(2) of title 5 to be made available or published. However, in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 552(a)(4)(A) the Commission deems that publication of the index or supplements thereto would be unnecessary and impracticable. Accordingly, it shall provide copies of such index on request but shall not publish and distribute it quarterly or more frequently.
[39 FR 39879, Nov. 12, 1974, as amended at 40 FR 7652, Feb. 21, 1975]
Title 45 published on 2012-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.