45 CFR 2105.5 - Fees.
prev | next
(a) Fees shall be charged according to the schedule in paragraph (b) of this section for services rendered in responding to requests for Commission of Fine Arts records under this part unless determination is made that such charges or a portion of them are not in the public interest because furnishing the information primarily benefits the general public.
(1) For copies of documents 81/2″×14″ or smaller, $0.25 for the first copy of the first page and $0.10 for each copy of each page thereafter.
(ii) Ordinarily, photographs 81/2″×14″ or smaller will be copied on a photocopy machine, rather than by photographing and printing of such photographs.
(2) When in responding to a request, copying of bound works such as books or periodicals, copying of documents larger than 81/2″×14″, photographing and printing of records, or other services not normally performed by the Commission and its staff are required, the direct cost of such services or material to the Commission of Fine Arts may be charged, but only if the requester has been notified of such cost before it is incurred.
(3) For each one quarter hour spent by clerical personnel in excess of the first quarter hour in searching for and producing a requested record, $1.50.
(4) When a search cannot be performed by clerical personnel and the amount of time that must be expended in the search and collection of the requested records by such higher level personnel is substantial, charges may be made at a rate in excess of the clerical rate, namely, for each one quarter hour spent in excess of the first quarter hour by such higher level personnel in searching for a requested record, $3.
(5) No charge will be made for time spent in resolving legal or policy issues affecting access to records of known contents. In addition, no charge will be made for the time involved in examining records in connection with determining whether they are exempt from mandatory disclosure and should be withheld, as a matter of sound policy. In addition, no charge will ordinarily be made if the records requested are not found. However, if the time expended in processing the request is substantial, and if the requester has been notified that it cannot be determined in advance whether any records will be made available, fees may be charged.
(c) Where it is anticipated that the fees chargeable under this section will amount to more than $10, and the requester has not indicated in advance his willingness to pay fees as high as are anticipated, the requester shall be notified of the amount of the anticipated fee or such portion thereof as can readily be estimated. In such cases, a request will not be deemed to have been received until the requester is notified of the anticipated cost and agrees to bear it. Such a notification will be transmitted as soon as possible but in any event, within five days, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal public holidays after the receipt of the initial request.
(1) Where the anticipated fee chargeable under this section exceeds $10, an advance deposit of 25% of the anticipated fee or $10, whichever is greater may be required.
Title 45 published on 2012-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.