(a) No disclosure of any information of a personal and private nature with respect to an individual obtained at any time by any person, organization, or institution in the course of discharging the duties of the Secretary under the Act shall be made except insofar:
(1) As the individual or his legal guardian, if any (or, if he is a minor, his parent or legal guardian), shall consent;
(2) As disclosure may be necessary to carry out any functions of the Secretary under the Act;
(3) As disclosure may be directed by the order of a court of competent jurisdiction;
(4) As disclosure may be necessary to carry out any functions of any agency of the United States which are related to the return of the individual from a foreign country, or his entry into the United States; or
(5) As expressly authorized by the Administrator.
(b) An agreement made with an agency or hospital for care, treatment, and assistance pursuant to the Act shall provide that no disclosure will be made of any information of a personal and private nature received by such agency or hospital in the course of discharging the duties under such agreement except as is provided therein, or is otherwise specifically authorized by the Administrator.
(c) Nothing in this section shall preclude disclosure, upon proper inquiry, of information as to the presence of an eligible person in a hospital, or as to his general condition and progress.
Title 45 published on 2012-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.