45 CFR 2521.20 - What types of AmeriCorps subtitle C program grants are available for award?
The Corporation may make the following types of grants to eligible applicants. The requirements of this section will also apply to any State or other applicant receiving assistance under this part that proposes to conduct a grant program using the assistance to support other national or community service programs.
(1) Purpose. The purpose of a planning grant is to assist an applicant in completing the planning necessary to implement a sound concept that has already been developed.
(ii) Subdivisions of States, Indian Tribes, public or private nonprofit organizations (including religious organizations and labor organizations), and institutions of higher education may apply either to a State or directly to the Corporation for planning grants.
(1) Purpose. The purpose of an operational grant is to fund an organization that is ready to establish, operate, or expand an AmeriCorps program. An operational grant may include AmeriCorps educational awards. An operational grant may also include a short planning period of up to six months, if necessary, to implement a program.
(ii) Subdivisions of States, Indian Tribes, public or private nonprofit organizations (including religious organizations and labor organizations), and institutions of higher education may apply either to a State or directly to the Corporation for operational grants. The Corporation may limit the categories of applicants eligible to apply directly to the Corporation for assistance under this section consistent with its National priorities.
(3) Duration. An operational grant will be negotiated for a term not to exceed three years. Within a three-year term, renewal funding will be contingent upon periodic assessment of program quality, progress to date, and availability of Congressional appropriations.
(c) Replication Grants. The Corporation may provide assistance for the replication of an existing national service program to another geographical location.
(1) Purpose. The purpose of these grants is to ensure broad access to AmeriCorps programs for all Americans, including those with disabilities; support disaster relief efforts; assist efforts to secure private support for programs through challenge grants; and ensure program quality by supporting technical assistance and training programs.
(2) Eligibility. Eligibility varies and is detailed under 45 CFR part 2524, “Technical Assistance and Other Special Grants.”
[59 FR 13794, Mar. 23, 1994, as amended at 67 FR 45360, July 9, 2002]
Title 45 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.