§ 2522.800How will the Corporation evaluate individual AmeriCorps programs?
The Corporation will evaluate programs based on the following: (a) The extent to which the program meets the objectives established and agreed to by the grantee and the Corporation before the grant award;
(b) The extent to which the program is cost-effective; and
(c) The effectiveness of the program in meeting the following legislative objectives: (1) Providing direct and demonstrable services and projects that benefit the community by addressing educational, public safety, human, or environmental needs;
(2) Recruiting and enrolling diverse participants consistent with the requirements of part 2540 of this chapter, based on economic background, race, ethnicity, age, gender, marital status, education levels, and disability;
(3) Promoting the educational achievement of each participant based on earning a high school diploma or its equivalent and future enrollment in and completion of increasingly higher levels of education;
(4) Encouraging each participant to engage in public and community service after completion of the program based on career choices and participation in other service programs;
(5) Promoting an ethic of active and productive citizenship among participants;
(6) Supplying additional volunteer assistance to community agencies without providing more volunteers than can be effectively utilized;
(7) Providing services and activities that could not otherwise be performed by employed workers and that will not supplant the hiring of, or result in the displacement of, employed workers; and
(8) Other criteria determined and published by the Corporation.
[59 FR 13796, Mar. 23, 1994. Redesignated at 70 FR 39603, July 8, 2005]
Title 45 published on 2012-10-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 45.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.