(a) The parties to the hearing shall be the defendant and the Corporation. Pursuant to 31 U.S.C. 3730(c)(5), a private plaintiff in an action under the False Claims Act may participate in the hearing to the extent authorized by the provisions of that Act.
(b) Each party has the right to:
(1) Be represented by a representative;
(2) Request a pre-hearing conference and participate in any conference held by the ALJ;
(3) Conduct discovery;
(4) Agree to stipulations of fact or law which will be made a part of the record;
(5) Present evidence relevant to the issues at the hearing;
(6) Present and cross-examine witnesses;
(7) Present arguments at the hearing as permitted by the ALJ; and
(8) Submit written briefs and proposed findings of fact and conclusions of law after the hearing, as permitted by the ALJ.
Title 45 published on 2012-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.