(a) For each of the fiscal years 1999 through 2002, we will:
(1) Based on the vital statistics data provided by NCHS as described in § 283.4, calculate the ratios for the most recent two years for which final birth data are available, and for the prior two years, as described in § 283.5 ;
(2) Calculate the proportionate change between these two ratios, as described in § 283.5.
(3) Identify as potentially eligible a maximum of eight States, i.e., Guam, the Virgin Islands, and American Samoa, and five other States, that have qualifying decreases in their ratios, using the methodology described in § 283.5 ;
(4) Notify these potentially eligible States that we will consider them for the bonus if they submit data on abortions as stated in § 283.6; and
(5) Identify which of the potentially eligible States that submitted the required data on abortions have experienced decreases in their rates of abortion relative to 1995, as described in § 283.7. These States will receive the bonus.
(b) We will determine the amount of the grant for each eligible State, based on the number of eligible States, and whether Guam, American Samoa, or the Virgin Islands are eligible. No State will receive a bonus award greater than $25 million in any year.
Title 45 published on 2012-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.