45 CFR 283.3 - What steps will we follow to award the bonus?
(1) Based on the vital statistics data provided by NCHS as described in § 283.4, calculate the ratios for the most recent two years for which final birth data are available, and for the prior two years, as described in § 283.5;
(2) Calculate the proportionate change between these two ratios, as described in § 283.5.
(3) Identify as potentially eligible a maximum of eight States, i.e., Guam, the Virgin Islands, and American Samoa, and five other States, that have qualifying decreases in their ratios, using the methodology described in § 283.5;
(4) Notify these potentially eligible States that we will consider them for the bonus if they submit data on abortions as stated in § 283.6; and
(5) Identify which of the potentially eligible States that submitted the required data on abortions have experienced decreases in their rates of abortion relative to 1995, as described in § 283.7. These States will receive the bonus.
Title 45 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.