The State plan shall provide that the following requirements and criteria to bond employees are in effect:
(a)IV-D responsibility. The IV-D agency will insure that every person, who has access to or control over funds collected under the child support enforcement program, is covered by a bond against loss resulting from employee dishonesty.
(b)Scope. The requirement in paragraph (a) of this section applies to every person who, as a regular part of his or her employment, receives, disburses, handles or has access to support collections, which includes:
(1) IV-D agency employees and employees of any other State or local agency to which IV-D functions have been delegated.
(2) Employees of a court or law enforcement official performing under a cooperative agreement with the IV-D agency.
(3) Employees of any private or governmental entity from which the IV-D agency purchases services.
(c)Bond. The bond will be for an amount which the State IV-D agency deems adequate to indemnify the State IV-D program for loss resulting from employee dishonesty.
(d)Self-bonding System. A State or political subdivision may comply with the requirement in paragraph (a) of this section:
(1) By means of a self-bonding system established under State law or,
(2) In the case of a political subdivision, by means of a self-bonding system approved by the State IV-D agency.
(e)IV-D liability. The requirements of this section do not reduce or limit the ultimate liability of the IV-D agency for losses of support collections from the State's IV-D program.
[44 FR 28803, May 17, 1979; 44 FR 45137, Aug. 1, 1979, as amended at 47 FR 57281, Dec. 23, 1982]
Title 45 published on 2012-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.