(a) The USAP shall establish Medical Clearance Criteria for determining eligibility for deployment to Antarctica. (See Medical Standards for Antarctic Deployment available from the National Science Foundation, Office of Polar Programs, room 755.09, 4201 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA 22230).
The criteria will include examination of the following major organ systems:
(1) Lungs and chest wall.
(2) Heart and vascular system.
(3) Abdominal organs and gastrointestinal system.
(4) Endocrine or metabolic system.
(5) Genitalia and urinary system.
(7) Skin and cellular tissues.
(8) Neurological Disorders.
(9) Psychiatric or psychological.
(b) The USAP may review and revise the Medical Clearance Criteria periodically as appropriate.
Title 45 published on 2012-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.