45 CFR Part 1356, Appendix C to Part 1356 - Calculating Sample Size for NYTD Follow-Up Populations
prev | next
Appendix C to Part 1356—Calculating Sample Size for NYTD Follow-Up Populations
1. Using Finite Population Correction
The Finite Population Correction (FPC) is applied when the sample is drawn from a population of one to 5,000 youth, because the sample is more than five percent of the population.
• (Py)(Pn), an estimate of the percent of responses to a dichotomous variable, is (.50)(.50) for the most conservative estimate.
• Acceptable level of error = .05 (results are plus or minus five percentage points from the actual score)
• Z = 1.645 (90 percent confidence interval)
• N = number of youth from whom the sample is being drawn
2. Not Using Finite Population Correction
The FPC is not applied when the sample is drawn from a population of over 5,000 youth.
[73 FR 10372, Feb. 26, 2008]
Title 45 published on 2012-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.