Each applicant for a “Tankerman-PIC (Barge)” endorsement for DL or LG shall meet the requirements of either paragraphs (a) and (b) or paragraph (c) of this section.
(a) Each applicant shall present evidence of—
(1) At least 60 days of service, whether by shore-based or by vessel-based personnel, on one or more tank vessels certified to carry DL or LG appropriate to the endorsement applied for; or
(2) At least 6 months of closely related service directly involved with tank barges appropriate to the endorsement applied for; and
(b) Participation, under the supervision of a “Tankerman-PIC” or “Tankerman-PIC (Barge),” in at least 10 transfers of liquid cargo in bulk of the classification desired on any tank vessel, including at least—
(1) Five loadings and five discharges;
(2) Two commencements of loading and two completions of loading; and
(3) Two commencements of discharge and two completions of discharge.
(c) Each applicant already holding an MMD or MMC endorsed “Tankerman-PIC (Barge)” for DL and seeking an endorsement for LG, or the converse, shall—
(1) Provide evidence of at least half the service required by paragraph (a) of this section; and
(2) Comply with paragraph (b) of this section, except that he or she need provide evidence of only three loadings and three discharges along with evidence of compliance with paragraphs (b)(2) and (3) of this section.
[CGD 79-116, 60 FR 17142, Apr. 4, 1995, as amended by CGD 79-116, 62 FR 25134, May 8, 1997; USCG-2006-24371, 74 FR 11260, Mar. 16, 2009]
Title 46 published on 2013-10-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 46.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.