(a) Before a vessel gets under way on a voyage, the master shall ensure that suitable public announcements are made informing each offshore worker of—
(1) In general terms, emergency and evacuation procedures;
(2) Locations of emergency exits and of embarkation areas for survival craft;
(3) Locations of stowage of lifejackets and immersion suits;
(4) With demonstration, proper method or methods of donning and adjusting lifejackets and immersion suits of the type or types carried on the vessel;
(5) Locations of the instruction placards for lifejackets and other lifesaving devices;
(6) Explanation that each offshore worker shall don an immersion suit and a lifejacket when the master determines that hazardous conditions do or might exist but that offshore workers may don lifejackets whenever they feel it necessary;
(7) Which hazardous conditions might require the donning of lifejackets and immersion suits;
(8) Types and locations of any other lifesaving device carried on the vessel;
(9) Locations and contents of the “Emergency Instructions” required by § 131.330;
(10) Survival craft to which assigned;
(11) Any hazardous materials on the vessel; and
(12) Any conditions or circumstances that constitute a risk to safety.
(b) The master of each vessel shall ensure that each offshore worker boarding the vessel on a voyage after the initial public announcement has been made, as required by paragraph (a) of this section, also hears the information in paragraph (a) of this section.
Title 46 published on 2013-10-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 46.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.