§ 160.062-7Procedures for acceptance of repair facility.
(a) Before a repair facility is accepted by the Commandant to perform the services required in § 160.062-4(f), it must be inspected by the cognizant Officer in Charge, Marine Inspection, to determine if it has—
(1) The testing apparatus to perform all the tests required in § 160.062-4;
(2) A source of supply of replacement parts for a hydraulic release, evidenced by a signed agreement between the facility and his source of supply, or the parts for it; all replacement parts must be in compliance with applicable specifications and standards contained in § 160.062-1; and
(3) Employees competent to perform the services required in this paragraph. Each employee who is engaged in serving a hydraulic release must demonstrate his competence to the Officer in Charge, Marine Inspection by—
(i) Disassembling a hydraulic release;
(ii) Making all necessary repairs to the disassembled unit;
(iii) Reassembling the unit in conformance with the specifications and standards contained in § 160.062-1(a); and
(iv) Showing that the reassembled unit meets the buoyant capacity and release depth requirements contained in § 160.062-3 (b) and (c) after being inspected and tested in conformance with the requirements contained in § 160.062-4(f).
(b) Based on the report of the Officer in Charge, Marine Inspection, regarding the inspection required in paragraph (a) of this section, the Commandant notifies the facility that—
(1) It is an accepted repair facility for the reconditioning and testing of hydraulic releases; or
(2) It is not accepted as a repair facility, lists each discrepancy noted by the Officer in Charge, Marine Inspection, and describes the procedure for reinspection if applicable corrections are made.
[CGD 73-153R, 40 FR 4422, Jan. 30, 1975]
Title 46 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.