§ 160.066-5Design, construction, and manufacturing requirements.
(a) Each signal must be either:
(1) A self-contained unit with all necessary components for firing the signal, or
(2) A cartridge intended for firing from a signal pistol that is approved under Subpart 160.028 of this chapter.
(b) Each signal unit must have an interior chamber which contains the main propulsion charge and which is constructed so that it is capable of withstanding the forces generated by ignition without rupture, crack, or deformation of any kind.
(c) Signals must be constructed in lots numbered serially by the manufacturer. A new lot must be started when:
(1) Any change in construction details occurs;
(2) Any change in sources of raw materials occurs;
(3) Production is started on a new production line or on a previously discontinued production line; or
(4) A lot exceeds 30,000 units.
Title 46 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.