(a) Each winch must be marked with a plate or label permanently affixed in a conspicuous place readily accessible for inspection and sufficiently durable to withstand continuous exposure to environmental conditions at sea for the life of the winch.
(b) The plate or label must be in English, but may also be in other languages.
(c) The plate or label must contain the—
(1) Name and address of the manufacturer;
(2) Manufacturer's model identification;
(3) Name of the independent laboratory that witnessed the prototype or production tests;
(4) Serial number of the winch;
(5) U.S. Coast Guard approval number;
(6) Month and year of manufacture;
(7) Safe working load of the winch; and
(8) Word “SOLAS”.
Title 46 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.