46 CFR 160.151-43 - Conditions at servicing facilities.
(3) Has enough space to service the number of liferafts likely to be present for service at one time;
(4) Has a ceiling high enough to hold and allow overturning of a fully inflated liferaft of the largest size to be serviced, or is furnished with an equally efficient means to facilitate the inspection of bottom seams;
(5) Has a smooth floor that will not damage a liferaft, can be easily cleaned, and is kept clean and free from oil, grease, and abrasive material;
(7) Is arranged to maintain an even temperature and low humidity in each area where liferafts are pressure tested, including by mechanical air-conditioning equipment in climates where it is necessary;
(8) Is arranged so that stored liferafts are not subjected to excessive loads and, if stacked one directly on top of another, does not have them stacked more than two liferafts high;
(b) In addition to the room required by paragraph (a) of this section, each facility must maintain areas or rooms for storage of liferafts awaiting servicing, repair, or delivery; for repair and painting of reinforced plastic containers; for storage of pyrotechnics and other materials, such as spare parts and required equipment; and for administrative purposes.
Title 46 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.