(a) The manufacturer must develop a user's manual for each model of inflatable lifejacket. The content of the manual must be provided for approval according to §§ 160.176-5(a)(3)(v) and 160.176-5(b) of this part.
(b) A user's manual must be provided with each lifejacket except that only five manuals need be provided to a single user vessel if more than five lifejackets are carried on board.
(c) Each user's manual must contain in detail the following:
(1) Instructions on use of the lifejacket and replacement of expendable parts.
(2) Procedures for examining serviceability of lifejackets and the frequency of examination.
(3) Pages for logging on board examinations.
(4) Frequency of required servicing at approved servicing facilities.
(5) Instructions, if any, on proper stowage.
(6) Procedures for getting the lifejackets repaired by a servicing facility or the manufacturer.
(7) Procedures for making emergency repairs on board.
(8) Any specific restrictions or special instructions.
Title 46 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.