(a) Each safety relief valve shall be plainly marked by the manufacturer with the required data in such a way that the marking will not be obliterated in service. The marking may be stamped on the valve or stamped or cast on a plate securely fastened to the valve. The marking shall include the following data:
(1) The name or identifying trademark of the manufacturer.
(2) Manufacturer's design or type number.
(3) Size __ inches. (The pipe size of the valve inlet).
(4) Set pressure __ p.s.i.
(5) Rated capacity __ cubic feet per minute of the gas or vapor (at 60 °F. and 14.7 p.s.i.a.).
(6) Coast Guard approval number. The minimum wording for showing approval shall be “USCG 162.018/* *” or “USCG 162.018-* *”.
* * Number to be assigned by the Commanding Officer, USCG Marine Safety Center.
[CGFR 68-82, 33 FR 18908, Dec. 18, 1968, as amended by USCG 2001-10224, 66 FR 48620, Sept. 21, 2001]
Title 46 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.