(a) Each separator, oil content meter, and bilge alarm manufactured under Coast Guard approval must be plainly marked by the manufacturer with the information listed in paragraph (b) of this section. The marking must be securely fastened to the item.
(b) Each marking must include the following information:
(1) Name of the manufacturer.
(2) Name or model number of the item.
(3) If the item is a separator, the maximum throughput and the maximum influent pressure at which the separator is designed to operate.
(4) The month and year of completion of manufacture.
(5) The manufacturer's serial number for the item.
(6) The Coast Guard approval number assigned to the item in the certificate of approval.
(7) A list of bilge cleaners, solvents, and other chemical compounds that do not impair operation of the item.
(8) If the item is an oil content meter, the oils for which use has been approved.
(9) If the item is a separator that uses replaceable filter or coalescer elements, the part numbers of the elements.
[CGD 76-088a, 44 FR 53359, Sept. 13, 1979, as amended by USCG-2004-18939, 74 FR 3383, Jan. 16, 2009]
Title 46 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.