Prior to approval by an independent laboratory each system must:
(a) Satisfy the test method of MSC/Circ. 848 as amended by MSC.1/Circ. 1267 (both incorporated by reference, see § 162.161-2), except that:
(1) The Fire Type A (Tell tale) test must be conducted when the charged system cylinders have been conditioned for 24 hours at 32 °F or at the expected service temperature, if lower than 32 °F.
(b) Satisfy the following test requirements as indicated in UL 2166 (incorporated by reference, see § 162.161-2) for halocarbon systems or UL 2127 for inert gas systems (incorporated by reference, see § 162.161-2):
(1) Nozzle distribution;
(2) Flow calculation method verification to determine that the manufacturer's calculation method accurately predicts the discharge time, nozzle pressure, and distribution of the extinguishing agent;
(3) Salt spray corrosion resistance for marine-type systems;
(4) Vibration resistance of installed components for marine-type systems; and
(5) Any additional tests contained in UL 2166 for halocarbon systems or UL 2127 for inert gas systems, as required for listing by the independent laboratory.
(c) Equivalent length of installed components must be identified and included in the test report in accordance with UL 2166 (incorporated by reference, see § 162.161-2) for halocarbon systems or UL 2127 (incorporated by reference, see § 162.161-2) for inert gas systems.
Title 46 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.