46 CFR 310.8 - Leave.
(a) Enrolled before April 1, 1982. Limitations on cadet leave, without loss of Federal student subsistence, with the specific limits to be set at the discretion of the Superintendent on an academic year basis, are:
(1) If hospitalized, sick at home, or confined in the sick bay, leave shall not exceed four (4) months.
(2) For an emergency due to the serious illness, injury or death of a very near relative, leave shall not exceed seven (7) days.
(4) Christmas and Easter leave shall not exceed a total of twelve (12) days, and leave may be granted for all legal holidays—Federal and state. This leave is in addition to that granted in paragraph (a)(3) of this section.
(5) Leave in addition to that provided in paragraphs (a) (3) and (4) of this section may be granted only if approved in advance by the Supervisor, upon direct request by the Superintendent.
(b) Enrolled on or after April 1, 1982. Midshipmen will be granted leave without loss of incentive payments as follows:
(2) Christmas and Easter leave and all legal holidays—Federal and state—as authorized by the school. This leave is in addition to that granted in paragraph (b)(3) of this section.
(3) Excused absences, as authorized by the school, not to exceed thirty (30) days per academic year. All unauthorized leave and all excused absences in excess of thirty (30) days will result in loss of incentive payments. Midshipmen receiving student incentive payments may be granted leaves of absence without pay, as approved by the Superintendent, for periods not to exceed one (1) academic year at a time. Midshipmen in a pay status will only be granted a leave of absence if they continue to meet all requirements for graduation in this part, including age requirements.
[48 FR 24081, May 31, 1983]
Title 46 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.