(a) Except as provided in §§ 503.80 and 503.81, under the provisions of paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section, the time or place of a meeting or series of meetings may be changed by the agency following accomplishment of the announcement and notice required by § 503.82, provided the Secretary of the agency shall publicly announce such change at the earliest practicable time.
(b) The subject matter of a portion or portions of a meeting or a portion or portions of a series of meetings, the time and place of such meeting, and the determination that the portion or portions of a series of meetings shall be open or closed to public observation may be changed following accomplishment of the announcement required by § 503.82, provided:
(1) The agency, by recorded vote of the majority of the entire membership of the agency, determines that agency business so requires and that no earlier announcement of the change was possible; and
(2) The Secretary of the agency publicly announces, at the earliest practicable time, the change made and the vote of each member upon such change.
(c) Immediately following any public announcement of any change accomplished under the provisions of this section, the Secretary of the agency shall submit a notice for publication in the Federal Register disclosing:
(1) The time of the meeting;
(2) The place of the meeting;
(3) The subject matter of each portion of each meeting or series of meetings;
(4) Whether any portion or portions of any meeting or any portion or portions of any series of meetings is open or closed to public observation;
(5) Any change in paragraphs (c) (1), (c) (2), (c) (3), or (c) (4) of this section; and
(6) The name and telephone number of the Secretary of the agency who shall respond to requests for information about any meeting.
Title 46 published on 2012-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.