46 CFR 503.85 - Agency recordkeeping requirements.
(a) In the case of any portion or portions of a meeting or portion or portions of a series of meetings determined by the agency to be closed to public observation under the provisions of this subpart, the following records shall be maintained by the Secretary of the agency:
(1) The certification of the General Counsel of the agency required by § 503.77;
(2) A statement from the officer presiding over the portion or portions of the meeting or portion or portions of a series of meetings setting forth the time and place of the portion or portions of the meeting or portion or portions of the series of meetings, the persons present at those times; and
(3) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, a complete transcript or electronic recording fully recording the proceedings at each portion of each meeting closed to public observation.
(b) In case the agency determines to close to public observation any portion or portions of any meeting or portion or portions of any series of meetings because public observation of such portion or portions of any meeting is likely to specifically concern the agency's issuance of a subpena, or the agency's participation in a civil action or proceeding, an action in a foreign court or international tribunal, or an arbitration, or the initiation, conduct, or disposition by the agency of a particular case of formal agency adjudication pursuant to the procedures in 5 U.S.C. 554 or otherwise involving a determination on the record after opportunity for a hearing, the agency may maintain a set of minutes in lieu of the transcript or recording described in paragraph (a)(3) of this section. Such minutes shall contain:
(2) A full and accurate summary of any action taken on any matter discussed in the closed portion of any meeting and the reasons therefor;
(3) A description of each of the views expressed on any matter upon which action was taken as described in paragraph (b)(2) of this section;
(5) An identification of all documents considered in connection with any action taken on a matter described in paragraph (b)(1) of this section.
(c) All records maintained by the agency as described in this section shall be held by the agency for a period of not less than two (2) years following any meeting or not less than one (1) year following the conclusion of any agency proceeding with respect to which that meeting or portion of a meeting was held.
[49 FR 44401, Nov. 6, 1984; 49 FR 47395, Dec. 4, 1984]
Title 46 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.