(a) An application may be filed whenever the applicant has prevailed in the proceeding or in a significant and discrete substantive portion of the proceeding, or when the demand of the Commission is substantially in excess of the decision in the proceeding, but in no case later than 30 days after the Commission's final disposition of the proceeding.
(b) If review or reconsideration is sought or taken of a decision as to which an applicant believes it has prevailed, proceedings for the award of fees shall be stayed pending final disposition of the underlying controversy.
(c) For purposes of this rule, final disposition means the later of
(1) The date on which an initial decision or other recommended disposition of the merits of the proceeding by an Administrative Law Judge becomes administratively final;
(2) Issuance of an order disposing of any petitions for reconsideration of the Commission's order in the proceeding;
(3) If no petition for reconsideration is filed, the last date on which such petition could have been filed;
(4) Issuance of a final order by the Commission or any other final resolution of a proceeding, such as settlement or voluntary dismissal, which is not subject to a petition for reconsideration, or to a petition for judicial review; or
(5) Completion of judicial action on the underlying controversy and any subsequent Commission action pursuant to judicial mandate.
[47 FR 3786, Jan. 27, 1982, as amended at 61 FR 39899, July 31, 1996]
Title 47 published on 2012-10-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 47.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.