(a) Except as shown in paragraph (b) of this section, for each product subject to a Declaration of Conformity, the responsible party, as shown in § 2.909, shall maintain the following records:
(1) A record of the original design drawings and specifications and all changes that have been made that may affect compliance with the requirements of § 2.1073.
(2) A record of the procedures used for production inspection and testing (if tests were performed) to insure the conformance required by § 2.1073. (Statistical production line emission testing is not required.)
(3) A record of the measurements made on an appropriate test site that demonstrates compliance with the applicable regulations. The record shall contain:
(i) The actual date or dates testing was performed;
(ii) The name of the test laboratory, company, or individual performing the testing. The Commission may request additional information regarding the test site, the test equipment or the qualifications of the company or individual performing the tests;
(iii) A description of how the device was actually tested, identifying the measurement procedure and test equipment that was used;
(iv) A description of the equipment under test (EUT) and support equipment connected to, or installed within, the EUT;
(v) The identification of the EUT and support equipment by trade name and model number and, if appropriate, by FCC Identifier and serial number;
(vi) The types and lengths of connecting cables used and how they were arranged or moved during testing;
(vii) At least two photographs showing the test set-up for the highest line conducted emission and showing the test set-up for the highest radiated emission. These photographs must be focused originals which show enough detail to confirm other information contained in the test report;
(viii) A description of any modifications made to the EUT by the testing company or individual to achieve compliance with the regulations;
(ix) All of the data required to show compliance with the appropriate regulations;
(x) The signature of the individual responsible for testing the product along with the name and signature of an official of the responsible party, as designated in § 2.909; and
(xi) A copy of the compliance information, as described in § 2.1077, required to be provided with the equipment.
(b) If the equipment is assembled using modular components that, by themselves, are subject to authorization under a Declaration of Conformity and/or a grant of certification, and the assembled product is also subject to authorization under a Declaration of Conformity but, in accordance with the applicable regulations, does not require additional testing, the assembler shall maintain the following records in order to show the basis on which compliance with the standards was determined:
(1) A listing of all of the components used in the assembly;
(2) Copies of the compliance information, as described in § 2.1077 for all of the modular components used in the assembly;
(3) A listing of the FCC Identifier numbers for all of the components used in the assembly that are authorized under a grant of certification;
(4) A listing of equipment modifications, if any, that were made during assembly; and
(5) A copy of any instructions included with the components that were required to be followed to ensure the assembly of a compliant product, along with a statement, signed by the assembler, that these instructions were followed during assembly. This statement shall also contain the name and signature of an official of the responsible party, as designated in § 2.909.
(c) The records listed in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section shall be retained for two years after the manufacture or assembly, as appropriate, of said equipment has been permanently discontinued, or until the conclusion of an investigation or a proceeding if the responsible party is officially notified that an investigation or any other administrative proceeding involving the equipment has been instituted. Requests for the records described in this section and for sample units also are covered under the provisions of § 2.946.
[61 FR 31047, June 19, 1996]
Title 47 published on 2012-10-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 47.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.