(a) If an Initiation Plan is not filed on or before January 21, 2009 for a BTA, BRS and EBS licensees in that BTA may self-transition by relocating to their default channel locations specified in § 27.5(i)(2) and complying with §§ 27.50(h), 27.53, 27.55 and 27.1221.
(b) To self-transition, a BRS or EBS licensee must:
(1) Notify the Secretary of the Commission on or before April 21, 2009 that it will self-transition (see paragraph (a) of this section);
(2) Send a Self-Transition Notification (see paragraph (c) of this section) to other BRS and EBS licensees in the BTA where the self-transitioning licensee's GSA geographic center point is located that it is self-transitioning;
(3) Notify other licensees whose GSAs overlap with the self-transitioning licensee that it is self-transitioning.
(4) Address interference concerns with other BRS and EBS licensees in the BTA that are also self-transitioning;
(5) File a modification application with the Commission, and
(6) Complete the self-transition on or before October 20, 2010.
(c) Self-Transition Notification. The Self-Transition Notification must include the EBS licensee's full name, postal mailing address, contact person, e-mail address, and phone and fax numbers. A self-transitioning EBS licensee must provide the following information to all BRS and EBS licensees located in the BTA where the self-transitioning licensees GSA geographic center point is located:
(1) The location (by street address and by geographic coordinates) of every constructed EBS receive site that, as of the date the Self-Transition Notification is sent, is entitled to a replacement downconverter (see § 27.1233(a) ). The response must:
(i) Specify whether the downconverting antenna is mounted on a structure attached to the building or on a free-standing structure;
(ii) Specify the approximate height above ground level of the downconverting antenna; and
(iii) Specify, if known, the adjacent channel D/U ratio that can be tolerated by any receiver(s) at the receive site.
(2) The location (street address and geographic coordinates) of the main station or booster serving each EBS receive site entitled to protection, including:
(i) The make and model of the antenna for that main station or booster, along with the radiation pattern if it is not included within the Commission's database;
(ii) The ground elevation, above mean sea level (AMSL), of the building or antenna supporting structure on which the main station or booster transmission antenna is installed;
(iii) The height above ground level (AGL) of the center of radiation of the transmission antenna;
(iv) The orientation of the main lobe of the transmission antenna;
(v) Any mechanical beamtilt or electrical beamtilt not reflected in the radiation pattern provided or included within the Commission's database;
(vi) The bandwidth of each channel or subchannel, the emission type for each channel or subchannel, and the EIRP measured in the main lobe for each channel or subchannel; and
(vii) The make and model of the receive antenna installed at that site, along with the radiation pattern if it is not included within the Commission's database.
(3) The number and identification of EBS video programming or data transmission tracks the EBS licensee is entitled to receive in the MBS (see § 27.1233(b) ).
[71 FR 35193, June 19, 2006, as amended at 73 FR 26042, May 8, 2008]
Title 47 published on 2012-10-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 47.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.