(a) Prior notification. Public safety licensees authorized to operate in the 763-775 MHz and 793-805 MHz bands may notify any licensee authorized to operate in the 746-757, 758-763, 776-787, or 788-793 MHz bands that they wish to receive prior notification of the activation or modification of the licensee's base or fixed stations in their area. Thereafter, the 746-757, 758-763, 776-787, or 788-793 MHz band licensee must provide the following information to the public safety licensee at least 10 business days before a new base or fixed station is activated or an existing base or fixed station is modified:
(2) Effective radiated power;
(3) Antenna height; and
(4) Channels available for use.
(b) Purpose of prior notification. The prior coordination of base or fixed stations is for informational purposes only. Public safety licensees are not afforded the right to accept or reject the activation of a proposed base or fixed station or to unilaterally require changes in its operating parameters. The principal purposes of notification are to:
(1) Allow a public safety licensee to advise the 746-757, 758-763, 776-787, or 788-793 MHz band licensee whether it believes a proposed base or fixed station will generate unacceptable interference;
(2) Permit 746-757, 758-763, 776-787, and 788-793 MHz band licensees to make voluntary changes in base or fixed station parameters when a public safety licensee alerts them to possible interference; and,
(3) Rapidly identify the source if interference is encountered when the base or fixed station is activated.
[72 FR 27712, May 16, 2007, as amended at 72 FR 48853, Aug. 24, 2007]
Title 47 published on 2012-10-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 47.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.