(a) An informal complaint alleging a violation of hearing aid compatibility and/or volume control rules in this subpart may be transmitted to the Consumer Information Bureau by any reasonable means, e.g., letter, facsimile transmission, telephone (voice/TRS/TTY), Internet e-mail, ASCII text, audio-cassette recording, and Braille.
(b) An informal complaint shall include:
(1) The name and address of the complainant;
(2) The name and address of the responsible party, if known, or the manufacturer or provider against whom the complaint is made;
(3) A full description of the terminal equipment about which the complaint is made;
(4) The date or dates on which the complainant purchased, acquired or used the terminal equipment about which the complaint is being made;
(5) A complete statement of the facts, including documentation where available, supporting the complainant's allegation that the defendant has failed to comply with the requirements of this subpart;
(6) The specific relief or satisfaction sought by the complainant, and
(7) The complainant's preferred format or method of response to the complaint by the Commission and defendant (e.g., letter, facsimile transmission, telephone (voice/TRS/TTY), Internet e-mail, ASCII text, audio-cassette recording, Braille; or some other method that will best accommodate the complainant's disability).
[66 FR 7587, Jan. 24, 2001]
Title 47 published on 2012-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.