(a) Franchise requirement costs may include cost increases required by the franchising authority in the following categories:
(1) Costs of providing PEG access channels;
(2) Costs of PEG access programming;
(3) Costs of technical and customer service standards to the extent that they exceed federal standards;
(4) Costs of institutional networks and the provision of video services, voice transmissions and data transmissions to or from governmental institutions and educational institutions, including private schools, to the extent such services are required by the franchise agreement; and
(5) When the operator is not already in the process of upgrading the system, costs of removing cable from utility poles and placing the same cable underground.
(b) The costs of satisfying franchise requirements to support public, educational, and governmental channels shall consist of the sum of:
(1) All per channel costs for the number of channels used to meet franchise requirements for public, educational, and governmental channels;
(2) Any direct costs of meeting such franchise requirements; and
(3) A reasonable allocation of general and administrative overhead.
(c) The costs of satisfying any requirements under the franchise other than PEG access costs shall consist of the direct and indirect costs including a reasonable allocation of general and administrative overhead.
[58 FR 29753, May 21, 1993, as amended at 60 FR 52119, Oct. 5, 1995]
Title 47 published on 2013-10-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 47.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.