(a) A private coast station or a marine utility station may be granted only to a person who is:
(1) Regularly engaged in the operation, docking, direction, construction, repair, servicing or management of one or more commercial transport vessels or United States, state or local government vessels; or is
(2) Responsible for the operation, control, maintenance or development of a harbor, port or waterway used by commercial transport vessels; or is
(3) Engaged in furnishing a ship arrival and departure service, and will employ the station only for the purpose of obtaining the information essential to that service; or is
(4) A corporation proposing to furnish a nonprofit radio communication service to its parent corporation, to another subsidiary of the same parent, or to its own subsidiary where the party to be served performs any of the eligibility activities described in this section; or is
(5) A nonprofit corporation or association, organized to furnish a maritime mobile service solely to persons who operate one or more commercial transport vessels; or is
(6) Responsible for the operation of bridges, structures or other installations that area part of, or directly related to, a harbor, port or waterway when the operation of such facilities requires radio communications with vessels for safety or navigation; or is
(7) A person controlling public moorage facilities; or is
(8) A person servicing or supplying vessels other than commercial transport vessels; or is
(9) An organized yacht club with moorage facilities; or is
(10) A nonprofit organization providing noncommercial communications to vessels other than commercial transport vessels.
(b) Each application for station authorization for a private coast station or a marine utility station must be accompanied by a statement indicating eligibility under paragraph (a) of this section.
Title 47 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.