Special limitations on amendment of applications and on assignment or transfer of authorizations licensed under this subpart.
(a) Except as indicated in paragraph (b) of this section, the Commission will not consent to the following:
(1) Any request to amend an application so as to substitute a new entity as the applicant;
(2) Any application to assign or transfer a license for a Phase I, non-nationwide system prior to the completion of construction of facilities; or
(3) Any application to transfer or assign a license for a Phase I nationwide system before the licensee has constructed at least 40 percent of the proposed system pursuant to the provisions of § 90.725(a) or § 90.725(h), as applicable.
(b) The Commission will grant the applications described in paragrpah (a) of this section if:
(1) the request to amend an application or to transfer or assign a license does not involve a substantial change in the ownership or control or the applicant; or
(2) The changes in the ownership or control of the applciant are involuntary due to the original applicant's insolvency, bankruptcy, incapacity, or death.
(c) The assignee or transferee of a Phase I nationwide system is subject to the construction benchmarks and reporting requirements of § 90.725. The assignee or transferee of a Phase I nationwide system is not subject to the entry criteria described in § 90.713.
(d) A licensee may partially assign any authorization in accordance with § 90.1019.
(e) The assignee or transferee of a Phase II system is subject to the provisions of §§ 90.1017 and 1.2111(a) of this chapter.
[56 FR 19603, Apr. 29, 1991, as amended at 57 FR 32449, July 22, 1992; 62 FR 15993, Apr. 3, 1997; 63 FR 49295, Sept. 15, 1998]
Title 47 published on 2012-10-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 47.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.