(a) Prior to operation, authorized health care providers who desire to use wireless medical telemetry devices must register all devices with a designated frequency coordinator. Except as specified in § 95.1105, operation of WMTS equipment prior to registration is not authorized under this part. The registration must include the following information:
(1) Specific frequencies or frequency range(s) used;
(2) Modulation scheme used (including occupied bandwidth);
(3) Effective radiated power;
(4) Number of transmitters in use at the health care facility as of the date of registration including manufacturer name(s) and model numbers);
(5) Legal name of the authorized health care provider;
(6) Location of transmitter (coordinates, street address, building);
(7) Point of contact for the authorized health care provider (name, title, office, phone number, fax number, e-mail address).
(b) An authorized health care provider shall notify the frequency coordinator whenever a medical telemetry device is permanently taken out of service, unless the device is replaced with another transmitter utilizing the same technical characteristics as those reported on the effective registration. An authorized health care provider shall maintain the information contained in each registration current in all material respects, and shall notify the frequency coordinator when any change is made in the location or operating parameters previously reported which is material.
(c) As of April 14, 2010, no registrations may be accepted for frequencies where WMTS does not have primary status. Previously registered secondary facilities may continue to operate as registered.