(a) Each 218-219 MHz Service licensee must make a showing of “substantial service” within ten years of the license grant. A “substantial service” assessment will be made at renewal pursuant to the provisions and procedures contained in § 1.949 of this chapter.
(b) Each 218-219 MHz Service licensee must file a report to be submitted to inform the Commission of the service status of its system. The report must be labeled as an exhibit to the renewal application. At minimum, the report must include:
(1) A description of its current service in terms of geographic coverage and population served;
(2) An explanation of its record of expansion, including a timetable of new construction to meet changes in demand for service;
(3) A description of its investments in its 218-219 MHz Service systems;
(4) A list, including addresses, of all component CTSs constructed; and
(5) Copies of all FCC orders finding the licensee to have violated the Communications Act or any FCC rule or policy; and a list of any pending proceedings that relate to any matter described in this paragraph.
(c) Failure to demonstrate that substantial service is being provided in the service area will result in forfeiture of the license, and will result in the licensee's ineligibility to apply for 218-219 MHz Service licenses for three years from the date the Commission takes final action affirming that the 218-219 MHz Service license has been canceled pursuant to § 95.813 of this part.
[64 FR 59662, Nov. 3, 1999]
Title 47 published on 2012-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.