(a) If the WTO GPA or an FTA applies (see 25.401), the contracting officer must—
(1) Comply with the requirements of 5.203, Publicizing and response time;
(2) Comply with the requirements of 5.207, Preparation and transmittal of synopses;
(3) Not include technical requirements in solicitations solely to preclude the acquisition of eligible products;
(4) Specify in solicitations that offerors must submit offers in the English language and in U.S. dollars (see 52.214-34, Submission of Offers in the English Language, and 52.214-35, Submission of Offers in U.S. Currency, or paragraph (c)(5) of 52.215-1, Instruction to Offerors—Competitive Acquisitions); and
(5) Provide unsuccessful offerors from WTO GPA or FTA countries notice in accordance with 14.409-1 or 15.503.
(b) See Subpart 25.5 for evaluation procedures and examples.