(a) The Senior Procurement Executive in coordination with the head of the contracting activity is responsible for developing and monitoring a process to ensure timely and accurate reporting of contractual actions to FPDS.
(1) The responsibility for the submission and accuracy of the individual contract action report (CAR) resides with the contracting officer who awarded the contract action.
(2) When a contract writing system is integrated with FPDS, the CAR must be confirmed for accuracy prior to release of the contract award.
(3) When a contract writing system is not integrated with FPDS, the CAR must be submitted to FPDS within three business days after contract award.
(4) For any action awarded in accordance with FAR 6.302-2 or pursuant to any of the authorities listed at FAR Subpart 18.2, the CAR must be submitted to FPDS within 30 days after contract award.
(5) When the contracting office receives written notification that a contractor has changed its size status in accordance with the clause at 52.219-28, Post-Award Small Business Program Rerepresentation, the contracting officer must submit a modification contract action report to ensure that the updated size status is entered in FPDS-NG.
(c) The chief acquisition officer of each agency required to report its contract actions must submit to the General Services Administration (GSA), in accordance with FPDS guidance, within 120 days after the end of each fiscal year, an annual certification of whether, and to what degree, agency CAR data for the preceding fiscal year is complete and accurate.