(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, this part applies to the acquisition of utility services for the Government, including connection charges and termination liabilities.
(b) This part does not apply to—
(1) Utility services produced, distributed, or sold by another Federal agency. In those cases, agencies shall use interagency agreements (see 41.206);
(2) Utility services obtained by purchase, exchange, or otherwise by a Federal power or water marketing agency incident to that agency's marketing or distribution program;
(3) Cable television (CATV) and telecommunications services;
(4) Acquisition of natural or manufactured gas when purchased as a commodity;
(5) Acquisition of utilities services in foreign countries;
(6) Acquisition of rights in real property, acquisition of public utility facilities, and on-site equipment needed for the facility's own distribution system, or construction/maintenance of Government-owned equipment and real property; or
(7) Third party financed shared-savings projects authorized by 42 U.S.C. 8287. However, agencies may utilize part 41 for any energy savings or purchased utility service directly resulting from implementation of a third party financed shared-savings project under 42 U.S.C. 8287 for periods not to exceed 25 years.
[59 FR 67018, Dec. 28, 1994, as amended at 72 FR 27385, May 15, 2007]
Title 48 published on 2013-10-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 48.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.