48 CFR 706.302-70 - Impairment of foreign aid programs.
(1) Citation: 40 U.S.C. 474.
(2) Full and open competition need not be obtained when it would impair or otherwise have an adverse effect on programs conducted for the purposes of foreign aid, relief, and rehabilitation.
(1) An award under section 636(a)(3) of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as amended, involving a personal services contractor serving abroad;
(i) An award for which the Assistant Administrator responsible for the project or program makes a formal written determination, with supporting findings, that compliance with full and open competition procedures would impair foreign assistance objectives, and would be inconsistent with the fulfillment of the foreign assistance program; or
(ii) Awards for countries, regions, projects, or programs for which the Administrator of USAID makes a formal written determination, with supporting findings, that compliance with full and open competition procedures would impair foreign assistance objectives, and would be inconsistent with the fulfillment of the foreign assistance program.
(4) Awards under AIDAR 715.370-1 (Title XII selection procedure—general) or 715.370-2 (Title XII selection procedure—collaborative assistance).
(5) An award for the continued provision of highly specialized services when award to another resource would result in substantial additional costs to the government or would result in unacceptable delays.
(1) Offers shall be requested from as many potential offerors as is practicable under the circumstances. While the authority at 706.302-70(b)(5) is for use when the contracting officer determines that the incumbent contractor is the only practicable, potential offeror, the requirement to publicize the intended award, as required in FAR 5.201, still applies.
(2) The contract file must include appropriate explanation and support justifying the award without full and open competition, as provided in FAR 6.303, except that determinations made under 706.302-70(b)(3) will not be subject to the requirement for contracting officer certification or to approvals in accord with FAR 6.304.
(3) The authority in 706.302-70(b)(3)(i) shall be used only when no other authority provided in FAR 6.302 or AIDAR 706.302 is suitable. The specific foreign assistance objective which would be impaired must be identified and explained in the written determination and finding. Prior consultation with the Agency Competition Advocate (see 706.501) is required before executing the written determination and finding, and this consultation must be reflected in the determination and finding.
(4) Use of the authority in 706.302-70(b)(5) for proposed follow-on amendments in excess of one year or over $250,000 is subject to the approval of the Agency Competition Advocate. For all other follow-on amendments using this authority, the contracting officer's certification required in FAR 6.303-2(a)(12) will serve as approval.
Title 48 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.