(a) All common carriers, except express companies, engaged in the transportation of property other than livestock and wild animals, by rail or by water subject to the Interstate Commerce Act are required to use straight bills of lading as prescribed in Appendix A and B to this part, or order bills of lading as prescribed in Appendix A and B to this Part, except that order bills of lading shall:
(1) Be entitled “Uniform Order Bill of Lading” and be designated as “Negotiable” on the front (appendix A to this part);
(2) Indicate consignment “to the order of * * * ” on the front (appendix A to this part); and
(3) Provide for endorsement on the back portion (appendix B to this part).
(b) All such bills of lading:
(1) May be either documented on paper or issued electronically;
(2) May be a copy, reprographic or otherwise, of a printed bill of lading, free from erasure and interlineation;
(3) May vary in the arrangement and spacing of the printed matter on the face of the form.
Title 49 published on 2012-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.