49 CFR 107.705 - Registrations, reports, and applications for approval.
(a) A person filing a registration, report, or application for an approval, or a renewal or modification of an approval subject to the provisions of this subpart must—
(1) File the registration, report, or application with the Associate Administrator for Hazardous Materials Safety (Attention: Approvals, PHH-32), Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, U.S. Department of Transportation, East Building, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC 20590-0001. Alternatively, the document with any attached supporting documentation in an appropriate format may be filed by facsimile (fax) to: (202) 366-3753 or (202) 366-3308 or by electronic mail (e-mail) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
(2) Identify the section of the chapter under which the registration, report, or application is made;
(3) If a report is required by an approval, a registration or a special permit, identify the approval, registration or special permit number;
(4) Provide the name, street and mailing addresses, e-mail address optional, and telephone number of the person on whose behalf the registration, report, or application is made and, if different, the person making the filing;
(5) If the person on whose behalf the filing is made is not a resident of the United States, provide a designation of agent for service in accordance with § 105.40;
(7) Provide additional information as requested by the Associate Administrator, if the Associate Administrator determines that a filing lacks pertinent information or otherwise does not comply with applicable requirements.
(b) In addition to the provisions in paragraph (a) for an approval, an application for an approval, or an application for modification or renewal of an approval, the applicant must provide—
(i) Identification of any increased risk to safety or property that may result if the approval is granted, and specification of the measures that the applicant considers necessary or appropriate to address that risk; and
(ii) Substantiation, with applicable analyses or evaluations, if appropriate, demonstrating that the proposed activity will achieve a level of safety that is at least equal to that required by the regulation.
(c) For an approval with an expiration date, each application for renewal or modification must be filed in the same manner as an original application. If a complete and conforming renewal application is filed at least 60 days before the expiration date of an approval, the Associate Administrator, on written request from the applicant, will issue a written extension to permit operation under the terms of the expired approval until a final decision on the application for renewal has been made. Operation under an expired approval is prohibited absent a written extension. This paragraph does not limit the authority of the Associate Administrator to modify, suspend or terminate an approval under § 107.713.
(d) To request confidential treatment for information contained in the application, the applicant shall comply with § 105.30(a).
Title 49 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.